The All New Sportage
The 2021 model year still finds the Kia Sportage maintaining its position as a top-tier compact crossover SUV. Credit that to lots of standard tech, a bevy of driver-assistance features, and a long warranty coverage. This compact SUV is still available in LX, S, EX, and SX Turbo trim levels.
LX: Powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that outputs 181 horsepower tied to a six-speed automatic transmission, the Sportage’s peak fuel economy is better than many vehicles in its class: at 23 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. Front-wheel drive is standard, with the option of going with an all-wheel drivetrain for better performance on slippery surfaces. Two cloth-trimmed rows of seats can accommodate up to five people, and the rear includes a storage compartment under the cargo floor for storing smaller items. To gain secure access, the Sportage includes a remote keyless entry system to press a key fob button. The infotainment system combines the following elements:
• Six-speaker AM/FM stereo system
• Bluetooth hands-free phone calling and audio streaming
• Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration
• Siri Eyes Free
• USB port and audio jack for hooking up portable devices
• 8-inch touchscreen
For driver assistance, this SUV bundles the following technologies:
• High beam assist for earlier detection of pedestrians or obstacles during low-visibility driving situations
• Driver attention warning to suggest that you take a break when inattentiveness or drowsiness is detected
• Forward collision warning with pedestrian detection to alert you of an impending front-end crash
• Lane keeping assist to gently steer you back into your lane if you begin to drift out of it without signaling
• Camera for producing a video image to monitor your rearview when reversing at low speeds
For crash protection, the Kia Sportage can deploy any of its six airbags, which consist of dual frontal impact airbags, dual side impact airbags, and dual side curtain airbags.
S: At the S trim level, the Sportage can be aesthetically enhanced with the brand-new Nightfall Edition and Nightfall Edition Premium packages. Each package provides unique features such as the following:
• Black-finished Nightfall badging
• Gloss-black radiator grille with piano-black frame
• Piano-black accents (on fog lights, front and rear bumper, skid plates, and side sills)
• Black satin window surrounds
If you go with the Premium package specifically, Kia adds the following:
• A pad for wireless device charging
• Heated front seats
• Adaptive cruise control for setting a safe following distance
• Rear USB port for charging mobile devices
In addition, the urethane wrapping on the steering wheel is replaced by leather, and the cloth seat trim gives way to leatherette. Driver assistance gets a boost with blind-spot collision warning, which alerts you of hard-to-see vehicles approaching you on either side; and rear cross-traffic collision warning, which looks out for vehicles crossing the path behind you as you back out of your parking space or garage.
EX: In addition to the previously mentioned heated front seats and rear charging-only USB port, the EX trim level introduces the following enhancements and additions:
• 10-way driver-seat power adjustability
• Proximity keyless entry with push-button engine start (in place of remote keyless entry)
• Dual-zone automatic climate control
SX Turbo: The SX Turbo is the range-topping model for the 2021 Sportage. Understandably, the 2.4-liter engine is replaced by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that outputs 237 horsepower if you go with the optional all-wheel drive or 240 horsepower if you stick with the standard front-wheel drivetrain. Luxury hits its peak with leather seat trim, steering-wheel heating, and front-seat cooling, and the infotainment system is more robust with the addition of a voice-activated navigation system, trial subscriptions to SiriusXM Radio and SiriusXM Traffic, and an eight-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound system. The wireless charging pad, which comes with the Nightfall Edition Premium package at the S trim level, is standard here, and the rearview mirror gets auto-dimming ability and a garage-door opener. In addition to the previously mentioned adaptive cruise control, the SX Turbo is the only model with its rearview camera accompanied by front and rear parking sensors, which alert you with sounds when you’re getting too close to hitting something or someone in the front or the rear.
Ready to try out this prime compact SUV? Our Franklin Tennessee dealership is the ideal Tennessee Kia place or Franklin Tennesse dealer to make your next purchase. Meet with one of our Tennessee Kia or Franklin Tennesse specialists today to test-drive the Sportage and explore your financing options.